As the weather turns colder (or as the cold fronts start to roll thru the South Texas area), its time to pull out all our “Cold Weather Favorites”.
Chicken Pot Pie is a favorite of my husbands, and when I told him that’s what we were having for dinner last night, he was so excited he couldn’t contain a smile! As we started to smell it baking in the oven, his excitement grew. When we finally got to try it, he had two bowls of it!
I know a dish is successful when my husband goes back for more!
So here’s the Recipe:
- 1 2/3 cups Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in ungreased glass pie plate, 9×1 1/4 inches.
- Stir together remaining ingredients with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown
That’s it friends! I added some chopped up celery, used cream of mushroom instead of chicken because that’s all i had, and added some salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and a dash or so of cumin for that warm flavor. It was super delicious, and my husband has already requested it again for a future date sometime soon!
The most important thing in a dish like this is to do what feels right, thats what cooking is all about. Let me know how this turns out for you!
Good Luck and Happy Eating Friends!!