Good Evening Friends!
Today is the first post in my “Bringing Pinterest to Life” Series! I am so excited! I saw this first on Facebook, and tagged my brother-in-law in to with the caption “If you bring the Crown, I’ll make the cookies.” He happily obliged, and I made cookies. Sadly, i forgot to take pictures because I was so excited to try these, but I can say that this is an A++ Recipe. I followed it exactly, and only changed the amount of Crown Royal to have that be a more prominent taste.
So here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Crown Royal Whiskey (I used 5 oz for more Crown Taste :D)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cream together butter, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add whiskey.
- Add flour mixture. Combine until well mixed.
- Drop by the tablespoon full on prepared cookie sheet. Press down lightly with a greased sugared glass.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.
- Let cool 2 minutes, remove to cooling rack
- Store in air tight container and Enjoy often!
That’s it friends!
So easy right?
Make sure you add the alcohol slowly so you dont cook the eggs before you bake the cookies, also it makes sure all the ingredients are mixed in really well so you have even cookies.
Like I said previously, we added an extra ounce of crown just to taste it a bit more. I don’t think I would add anymore than that because it would mess with the wet:dry balance in the cookies and they might not bake right. Same thing for adding less than 1/2 Cup (or 4 oz). If you do try either way, let me know how it works for you!
These cookies taste like a sugar cookie with a little bit of Crown Royal. All the alcohol cooks out, so they are safe for kiddos (if you even want to share ;)).
Happy Baking Friends!
You are Epic!!!!